Gulp is a streaming build system.
I found it is much easier than Grunt.
The differene between Gulp and Grunt (slide):
- With Gulp your build file is code, not config.
- You use standard libraries to do things.
- Plugins are simple and do one thing - most are a ~20 line function.
- Tasks are executed with maximum concurrency.
- I/O works the way you picture it.
gulpfile.js at the root of project directory.
There are four APIs in gulp:
gulp.task(name[, deps], fn)
Refer to API Docs.
Some plugins: More
Watch File Changes